Breading Ideas for Low Carb Diets - Pork Rind Breading

I'm not huge on fried foods so haven't really missed them that much.  However, I have kept my eyes out for a batter recipe to try.  In addition to a good batter recipe, I wasn't crazy about dealing with all the oil and calories from using oil for frying.  So as I said, I wasn't that concerned about it.  That being said, I've been reading up on air fryers and thought they might be a great idea so I finally bought this one today.  And I decided to try a pork rind breading.  It was good!  Not great but good!

So anyway, I found this website that had several different breading ideas and will be trying them all.  First up as I mentioned was the pork rind breading.  I used it to make fried pork chops and zucchini in my new air fryer!  I was impressed with both the breading and the fryer!  I look forward to trying them both again.

Pork Rind Breading


Pork Rind Breading
Makes 5 quarter cup servings
Ingredients:
2 ozPork Rinds
4 TbspParmesan Cheese
1 tspGarlic salt
1 tspOnion powder
1 TbspDried parsley
Instructions:
Place pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until they look like bread crumbs.
Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is mixed well.
Use as a breading on your favorite meats or veggies!
-MACROS-
caloriesfatproteincarbsnet carbs
885810

Be sure to calculate your own macros since they can vary based on your specific ingredients and measurements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Bacon Chicken Nuggets

Low Carb No Bake Cookies