Stumbling Blocks - Muscle Weighs More than Fat


So yea... the scale is not always the best way to measure your FAT LOSS.  When we say we want to lose weight, what most of us really mean is that we want to lose fat.  I'd be perfectly happy weighing 180 if that weight was from muscle rather than fat.  Well... as long as I didn't look TOO muscular.  I'm not a fan of looking like a body builder.  But I digress...

I've been working with a personal trainer for months and in that time, I know I've gained muscle.  I can see it.  So the scale hasn't gone as far as it would have if I hadn't gained muscle.  BUT that extra muscle helps me burn fat faster so it's worth it!

OMG... it's all so confusing when you try to think about it.  Bottom line, eat better, exercise more.  Use the scale but also measure yourself!  The shape of your body will be changing and that matters as much as your actual weight... if not more so.  DON'T be discouraged by the scale if you know you're gaining muscle.  That is a good thing!  I repeat, gaining muscle is a GOOD thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Bacon Chicken Nuggets

Low Carb No Bake Cookies