Cheesy Bacon Chicken Nuggets


I thought I was done with chicken nuggets forever when I decided to go low carb.  Then I found this recipe!  I was so proud of myself for doing it!  This recipe was a bit labor intensive this first time but now that I know what I'm doing, it'll be much easier next time.  And let me assure you, there WILL be a next time.  I made one recipe but it was enough for 25 nuggets.  I cooked one serving and froze the rest.  So yes, labor intensive tonight but 4 more servings ready to go in the freezer!  Yay!  Click the picture below to see the original recipe.  I used an air fryer to cook my nuggets... love that thing!





print recipe

Cheesy Bacon Chicken Nuggets
Adapted from THIS recipe.
Ingredients
  • 8 oz Skinless, Boneless, Chicken Breasts, Boiled
  • 3 slices Bacon, Cooked to a Crisp
  • 3 large Eggs
  • 1 cup Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
  • 6 Tbsp Almond Flour
  • 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
Instructions
1. Place cooked, cooled chicken into a food processor and grind until fine. Place in a bowl.2. Place bacon in food processor and grind into bacon bits. Add to bowl of chicken.3. Place Colby Jack cheese in food processor and grind to smaller grated cheese.4. Mix those ingredients then add the eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour and Parmesan together.5. Form small balls out of the chicken mixture then flatten into nuggets.6. Dip nuggets into flour mixture making sure both sides are coated.7. Place nuggets on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Then place in freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Place any nuggets you don't plan to use in an airtight freezer bag and save for another meal.To cook in an air fryer:8. Temperature should be 360. Cook for about 15 minutes.To fry in oil:9. Pour enough oil in a pan to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat through on medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.10. Drain on a paper towel.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 25 Nuggets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Carb No Bake Cookies