Challenges

Some things are just harder than others.  My oldest is having a birthday and she is not on a low-carb or keto diet.  She eats healthy, is fit, and can pretty much eat what she wants.  Tonight I made her a healthy low carb shrimp alfredo over zucchini noodles and she loved it.  But she also loves bread and the occasional sugary snack.  And it was her birthday.  So what does a good mother do?  She indulges her kid.

The Menu:
Shrimp Alfredo over Zucchini Noodles
French Baguette Slathered with Lots of Butter
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats
Glazed Donuts
I tested my iron will tonight.  I buttered the bread myself and didn't not even taste a crumb.  I put all those sweets on the plate and didn't even lick my fingers!  LOL!  I simply ate and enjoyed my Shrimp Alfredo and watched as my three kids devoured everything else.  That was all I needed - to see them enjoy it.  I've come a helluva long way in the last 6 months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp Alfredo