Shrimp Alfredo

OMG this was SO good!!  To celebrate my daughter's birthday I cooked a special dinner for her tonight.  She loves zucchini noodles (zoodles) as do I so I started searching a few days ago for just the perfect recipe.  What I came up with was a combination of basically three different ones!  So this is a bit labor intensive but you don't have to do it all at once if you don't want to.  I didn't.  I made the sauce and zoodles in the early afternoon then at dinner time, all I had to do was saute the shrimp and heat up the zoodles and sauce.  So easy!

I forgot to sprinkle with Parmesan because I couldn't wait to dig in!  
So here is my adaptation of all these recipes.  Links to the originals are within these directions.


Shrimp Alfredo
Makes 4 servings (1 cup zoodles, 1/4 cup sauce, 3 oz shrimp)
Ingredients:
FOR SAUCE (makes more than you'll need):
6 TbspUnsalted butter
1 cupHeavy cream
1/8 tspGrated nutmeg
PinchSalt
1/2 cupGrated parmesan cheese
FOR ZOODLES:
28 ozZucchini noodles (zoodles - I used 4 zucchini)
2 TbspOlive Oil
1/2 cupWater
FOR SHRIMP:
1 bag (12 oz)Cooked, peeled, deveined, tail off, extra small shrimp
1 TbspOlive Oil (I used avacado oil just for kicks)
1 tspMinced garlic
2 TbspDiced red onion
1 TbspLemon juice
Instructions:
FOR SAUCE:  https://www.lowcarb-ology.com/alfredo-sauce-recipe/
Slowly melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan. Don't let it boil.
Whisk the cream into the the melted butter.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
Remove from heat and add nutmeg and salt.
Stir in the Parmesan until it's melted and smooth and creamy.
FOR ZOODLES:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233453/low-carb-zucchini-pasta/
Spiralize zucchini.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat (I had to make mine in two batches for this much zucchini. If you do this, use 1 Tbsp oil and 1/4 cup of water for each batch).
Cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1 minute.
Add water and cook until zucchini is softened, 5-7 minutes.
FOR SHRIMP:
Thaw shrimp according to package directions.
Heat oil in skillet on medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add lemon juice and stir. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp and stir. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add 1 cup alfredo sauce to shrimp and heat through. (store leftover sauce in fridge)
TO SERVE 4:
Measure out about 1 cup of the zoodles.
Spoon about 1/4 of the shrimp and sauce over the zoodles.
Add salt and pepper to taste. I also added a dash or two of grated parmesan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog