Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad.  LOVE it.  And there are so many different ways to make it.  I've had many different ones that I liked.  But being on a low carb diet means I can't eat traditional crackers or bread which is how I liked eating my chicken salad.  But I've evolved and learned I don't have to have that.  Today I created a new chicken salad which tasted delicious all on it's own.  I thought about serving it on a bed of lettuce with some sliced tomatoes but was too impatient.  LOL!

Anyway, the beautiful thing about chicken salad is you can tweak it however you like.  Below is what I did:

Kat's Chicken Salad


Makes 2 1/2 cup servings

INGREDIENTS:
5 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 hard boiled egg
1 small stalk of celery
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp sour cream
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chives
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Chop or shred chicken.  I used a food processor for mine and just pulsed it a few times.
Peel then chop the egg and add it to the chicken.
Chop celery and add to the mixture.
Add all other ingredients and mix it all together.
Chill in the fridge and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp Alfredo