Meal Plans - Quick and Easy

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, trainer, or any other kind of professional in regards to a ketogenic diet. Everything you read below is based on my personal research and opinions. I've been told some of these items don't fit a true ketogenic diet so DO YOU OWN RESEARCH. This is just what works for me.

I've actually really enjoyed the meal planning part of this but as previously stated, I got carried away and tried to do too much 'new' stuff so pace yourself.

For me the key has become "keep it simple and stick to what I know."  Hard boiled eggs, cheese, frozen meats, fresh or frozen veggies, healthy fats.  Those are things I always have available and I eat them often.  Below are links to some of my favorite easy to fix products.

MEATS

I have a Sam's Club membership and I love the ease of just throwing these items in the microwave or quickly heating them on the stove.  Seriously... easiest thing EVER.  No meal prep!  Heat one of these babies and add a simple salad or veggie of some sort and you're good to go.  I always have at least one bag of each of these in my freezer.


These do have some carbs so be sure to weigh and count those if you're tracking carbs.  But they are INCREDIBLE!  I can't say enough good things about these.  


These are very flavorful and perfect by themselves or adding to a salad.  I've also used them to make recipes that call for cooked chicken and it gives the recipes a great little punch of extra flavor.  BUT they also have some carbs so be sure to weigh and track them if you're keeping up with your carbs.


These are delicious but I don't cook them in the microwave.  I use non-stick spray in a skillet and just throw the frozen patty in and cook through.  Very tasty!  They are a bit calorie dense so if you're watching your calories, be careful of these.  I don't eat these often but when I'm craving a juicy burger, they hit the spot.  I like to top mine with lettuce and cheese.  I've used a variety of cheeses but my favorite on this is goat cheese!  


You can buy bacon anywhere.  And I've seen this brand at Walmart so you don't have to go to Sam's to get it.  But this is by far my favorite brand and cut of bacon.  The slices are thick though so they are more calorie dense than your run of the mill bacon so be careful of that if you're watching calories.  But the flavor... scrumptious!


These are perfect for salads and other easy recipes.  They don't have a ton of seasoning but they are great for when you just want something quick.


I also like to keep frozen raw whole chicken breasts and chicken thighs in the freezer.  Sam's has these in huge bags but of course you can get them at any grocery store.  Chicken is one of the highest protein meats as well as low (or no) carb and low calorie.  So I eat a lot of chicken.  LOL!


VEGGIES

I'm a firm believer is quick and easy if you haven't figured that out.  Below are a few veggies I always have on hand.

These are so easy to just steam on the stove top in whatever portion size you want.  I love them just like that and with salt but I've recently started adding a bit of extra flavor.  I needed to add a bit more healthy fat in my diet so I will take some butter, minced garlic, and a bit of lemon juice and sauté in a pan while the broccoli is cooking.  Adds just the right amount of flavor!


If you're a fan of green beans then you must try these!  They taste almost as good as fresh!  My preferred way to cook these is to roast them in the oven with a bit of parmesan cheese but they're just as tasty plain with some salt!


It doesn't get much easier than this.  Add a bit of cheese, green pepper, onion, or whatever you like and you've got a great side!  Add some chicken and/or bacon and an egg to make it a main dish!  


CHEESE

They have a couple of different flavors at Walmart (see below) but the extra sharp cheddar is my favorite.  Easy to grab and already portioned out for you.  


These are all just a few of the staples I keep in my kitchen.  You have to make your own choices based on what works best for you and your tastes.  But remember the key, keep it simple!  I will have more posts coming with recipe links and ideas for when you do feel like getting a bit more creative.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp Alfredo