Challenges - Traveling

This weekend we are in New Orleans to celebrate the promotion of my brother to Lt. Col. in the U.S. Army.  We are here for 4 days.  Traveling and staying true to the Keto diet is not easy.  Especially in NOLA.  Seriously.  Home to some of the best restaurants in the south if not the world!  Sure I can make low-carb choices but I'm struggling with not knowing the ingredients in some of the things I'm eating.  Being out of my routine and habits just adds a bit of extra challenge.  It's okay.  I'm gonna make it work.  But it's not easy!

Add to that that the hotel I am at has a fitness room but it's under construction (grrr) so I can't work out this whole time.  So...

I don't expect to lose much if any this weekend.  I just pray I don't gain.  I had hoped that I would be down to my next goal before returning to work.  Wonder if the school district would consider extending the summer another week or two to give me time to do that!  LOL!

So here are a couple of the choices I made...

DINNER FRIDAY:
 Dooky Chase Restaurant
Dooky Chase Restaurant
I forgot to take a picture of my meal but I had the grilled pork chops.  They were good but the glaze was sweet so probably had sugar.  Oh well... it tasted good.


LUNCH SATURDAY:
So I made the best decision I could... Grilled Chicken Salad.  It was pretty good!
The Original Pierre Maspero's
Grilled Chicken Goddess Salad
"Marinated grilled chicken, baby greens, cucumbers, baby heirloom tomatoes, carrots, pickled onions and our own Green Goddess & Creole dressings"I nixed the tomatoes and pickled onions and had the dressing on the side.  Which was DELICIOUS by the way.  

DINNER SATURDAY:
Mr. Ed's Oyster Bar & Fish House
Seafood Au Gratin - It was yummy!  I honestly have no clue how many carbs it had so I am NOT trying to say this was the best choice.  But out of 4 days, this was the only thing I ate that I wasn't sure was low carb.  Regardless, I only ate about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of it.  Not even half of the dish.  Oh... and I had some delicious fresh green beans as a side!  

Tomorrow we return home first thing in the morning so I will not be tempted by the scrumptious New Orleans cuisine anymore!  LOL!  I pray the scale hasn't moved in the wrong direction but no matter what, I'm kicking my tail into high gear this week.  One weekend of travel will not define me!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp Alfredo