Non-Scale Victories!

There are ways to watch your weight loss journey other than the scale.  Things like how your clothes fit, measurements, and other small things.  Some of the little things I've noticed:

  • I sometimes wear long necklaces.  Months ago I realized they were no longer laying flat on my belly.  They bounced on my belly... LOL!  Meaning my belly had gotten small enough that my necklaces fell over my chest and just hung there.  A stupid little thing but I noticed.
  • I can reach down and tie my shoes without losing my breath.  HUGE victory for me.
  • I dropped something on the floor of my car a couple months back so it was under my feet.  In the past, I would have had to get out of the car and reached in to pick it up.  This time I was able to simple bend from the waist and retrieve it.
  • I used to shop in the plus size section for all my clothes.  A few months back I realized I didn't have to anymore.  I went from a 2X/3X or 20/22 top to an XL!  I haven't been shopping in a while but I'm pretty sure I'd be in a Large size now.  I also went from a size 22/24 jeans down to a 16.  I THINK maybe I could fit a 14 now.  This was HUGE for me.  I seriously cried when I realized I could shop in regular stores now.  I haven't been able to do that in over 20 years.
  • Peoples' reactions.  Nothing brings a smile to my face more than hearing their astonishment and congratulations on what I've done.  It makes me feel so proud of myself and so accomplished.  I'm a teacher so have been off for the summer.  I was at a 50 pound loss at the end of the school year and think I should be around 75-80 by the time we return.  I'm looking forward to seeing all my coworkers and them seeing me.  Who am I kidding... I love the attention.  LOL!
  • I am beginning to see my clavicle bones and the definition of muscle in various places on my body.  My body shape is changing.  These changes are small right now but the more I lose, the more noticeable they'll become.
  • Measurements.  I started measuring on Feb. 22, 2017.  I've lost the most in my waist but I've lost some everywhere I measured.  The graphic below shows my totals as of July 15, 2017.



There are many other examples of small non-scale victories but these are the ones at the forefront of my mind.  I am so stinking proud of myself I can't believe it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shrimp Alfredo